Breastfeeding is considered to be the finest source of nutrients for new-borns. It is nutrient-dense and easily digestible. This can also help in preventing obesity, allergies, and illness. Also, reduces the chances of diabetes and cancer. Breastfeeding will safeguard your baby from chronic infections. Thus, it can be quickly digested and does not cause constipation, diarrhoea, or stomach distress.
A mother should continue breastfeeding their baby for six months, and then continuing even when solid meals are introduced. This must be until the infant is at least one year old or two years old. This is so because only then breastfeeding benefits last that long. Thus, below are some of the important benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Allergies, eczema, and asthma chances decrease.
- Childhood malignancies, such as leukaemia and lymphomas, are less common.
- Reduced risk of type I and type II diabetes, as well as Crohn’s disease and colitis.
- Lower respiratory illness rates
- There are less speech and orthodontic issues.
- There are less cavities.
- Obesity is less likely to develop later in childhood.
- Brain maturation will improve.
- Infection resistance is improved.
Thus, women’s need to stay healthy to breastfeed their baby. For that, they can drink women’s Horlicks. This drink contains all the important nutrients that a pregnant woman must take. It will help the baby to consume essential and healthy nutrients during breastfeeding. The mother Horlicks price for 1 kg is approximately around INR 400 to INR 700.
However, breastfeeding women must also focus on different breastfeeding positions to help the baby to get comfortable. Here are some of the different breastfeeding positions that women can follow to make their baby comfortable.
- Reclined or laid back position
- Rugby ball hold
- Upright breastfeeding position
- Cradle hold
- Side-lying position
- Dangle feeding
- Nursing in a sling
- Dancer hold nursing position